Microwave Texas Nachos Recipe
- 2 ounces uncooked chorizo or 2 ounces bulk spicy pork sausage
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup refried beans
- 2 cups tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup guacamole
- 2 tablespoons sliced jalapeno pepper
- 1. In a small skillet, cook sausage and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a microwave-safe dish, combine the sausage mixture and beans. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through; stir.
- 2. Place the tortilla chips on a microwave-safe serving plate; sprinkle with cheese. Heat, uncovered, on high for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Crumble sausage mixture over chips and cheese. Top with the lettuce, tomato, onion, sour cream, guacamole and jalapeno. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Editor's Note: Wear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers. The oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
1-1/2 cups: 388 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 871mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 7g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Microwave Texas Nachos
"These are awesome! They are now a Saturday afternoon staple at our house! They are pretty spicy but that's how we like it! Thanks for the great recipe!!"