- 4 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 drops red food coloring, optional
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the fruit, water and tapioca Let stand for 5 minutes. Cover and microwave on high for 6 minutes. Stir; cook 4 minutes longer or until the rhubarb is tender. Stir in the sugar. Cover and microwave for 2 minutes. Stir in food coloring if desired. Serve warm or chilled. Yield: 4-1/2 cups.
Reviews forMicrowave Strawberry Rhubarb Sauce
"Thank you for this delicious recipe. I never liked rhubarb, but was urged to try a similar recipe at a church dinner and loved it. I lost that recipe when my previous computer died, so I was excited to find this one. I substitue Splenda/Sugar Blend (for baking) and make this on the stovetop in a non-stick dutch oven. It still turns out delicious every time! My Mom and I eat this plain like we would applesauce, and I've even been asked at work if a coworker could try it when she saw it in my lunch!"