Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Tortilla chips
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion and garlic. Add green pepper, lemon juice and seasonings; mix well. Microwave on high for 30-45 seconds or until heated through. Serve immediately with tortilla chips. Salsa can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 7 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 77mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Apr 25, 2013
Quick and easy. Warmed salsa is a little different, but still tastes great!
Aug 4, 2011
Very Good! I didn't have any green onion so I used red onion instead. I also diced up a couple jarred jalepeno rings and added 1 T. of the jalepeno juice just for a bit more spice. DELICIOUS!!!!!
Jun 21, 2011
Dec 5, 2010
i would not heat it, i think it loses its flavor when heated
May 6, 2009
Do you need to Microwave this?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.