Microwave Reuben Casserole
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack or Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1-1/4 cups cubed turkey pastrami
- 5 slices rye bread, cubed
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Place the sauerkraut in a greased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish; sprinkle with caraway seeds and half of the cheese. Top with the salad dressing, pastrami and remaining cheese. Toss bread cubes with butter; sprinkle over the top. Cover and microwave at 60% power for 5-7 minutes or until heated through.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Jul 5, 2014
Followed the ingredient list completely and layered it in a baking dish as instructed. No microwave, so I baked it uncovered at 400* for about 30 minutes until hot, the cheese melted, and the bread cubes toasted. My husband gave it two thumbs up..a keeper. I chose the Monterey Jack cheese.
Mar 20, 2009
I used leftover corned beef rather than the pastrami. I was very good,