You'll find all the flavor of a Reuben sandwich (and none of the mess) in this satisfying casserole from Terri Holmgren of Swanville, Minnesota. It's prepared lickety-split in the microwave, so you can serve your hungry family fast.
Recommended: 65 One-Dish Dinners That Make Cleanup a Breeze
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack or Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1-1/4 cups cubed turkey pastrami
- 5 slices rye bread, cubed
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Place the sauerkraut in a greased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish; sprinkle with caraway seeds and half of the cheese. Top with the salad dressing, pastrami and remaining cheese. Toss bread cubes with butter; sprinkle over the top. Cover and microwave at 60% power for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Reuben Casserole in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p51
Reviews forMicrowave Reuben Casserole
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 5, 2014
Reviewed Mar. 20, 2009
"I used leftover corned beef rather than the pastrami. I was very good,"