- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked lean ham
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the potatoes, carrots, celery and water. Cover and microwave on high for 7 minutes, stirring once. Add green pepper and onion; cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring once. Pour into a 2-qt. microwave-safe baking dish coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the margarine, covered, on high for 40-50 seconds or until melted. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Cook, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until thickened and bubbly, stirring after each minute. Stir in the cheese until melted. Pour over the vegetables. Stir in ham. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forMicrowave Potato Ham Dinner
"This is an all time comfort dish. Tasty, creamy delicousiness in every bite."
"I made this last night and holy cow did this excede my expectations! This is good food. I did cook this on the stove. The only other thing I did different was use a red bell pepper instead of green and added some frozen peas. Cheesy sauce. Potatoes, comfort food that won't break the calorie bank! Great recipe! Thank you, I now have something else I can make with that left over ham!"