Pizza toppings such as tomato sauce, pepperoni and cheese combine in this savory dip suggested by field editor Katie Koziolek of Hartland, Minnesota.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup each chopped onion, mushrooms and green pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 cup chopped pepperoni, hard salami or fully cooked Polish sausage
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- Crisp breadsticks or garlic toast
- In a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the onion, mushrooms and green pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender; drain on paper towels. In a small bowl, combine the mozzarella, 1/2 cup Parmesan and parsley.
- Spread vegetable mixture in an 8-in. square microwave-safe dish. Top with pepperoni, cheese mixture and pizza sauce. Microwave, uncovered, at 70% power for 5-8 minutes or until cheese is melted, rotating a half turn once. Top with remaining Parmesan. Serve warm with breadsticks or garlic toast. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Microwave Pizza Dip in Taste of Home February/March 2002, p63