Microwave Pizza Casserole
For a quick main dish for dinner, try this great recipe. Your family will love it because it tastes just like a pizza.—Susan Slagel, Ashkum, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (16 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms
- 4 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 cups uncooked noodles
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon basil leaves, crushed
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a 2-qt. casserole dish, microwave the ground beef for 2 minutes; stir and microwave another 1-1/2 minutes or until done. Drain thoroughly. Add remaining ingredients except cheese; mix well. Cook for 10-1/2 minutes on HIGH, stirring twice during cooking. Sprinkle cheese over casserole; cook 30 seconds on HIGH until cheese is melted.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Originally published as Microwave Pizza Casserole in Country Woman March/April 1990
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.