Microwave Parmesan Chicken
The golden coating over moist chicken makes people think you fussed.—Ruth Andrewson, Leavenworth, Washington
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (2-1/2 to 3 pounds), cut up
- Melt butter in a 13-in. x 9-in. microwave-safe baking dish. In a shallow bowl, combine the next six ingredients. Dredge chicken in butter, then in crumb mixture. Place chicken in the baking dish, with skin side up and thick edges toward the outside. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. Microwave on high 12-15 minutes or until juices run clear and chicken is no long pink, rotating dish occasionally.