Microwave Parmesan Chicken
The golden coating over moist chicken makes people think you fussed.—Ruth Andrewson, Leavenworth, Washington
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (2-1/2 to 3 pounds), cut up
- Melt butter in a 13-in. x 9-in. microwave-safe baking dish. In a shallow bowl, combine the next six ingredients. Dredge chicken in butter, then in crumb mixture. Place chicken in the baking dish, with skin side up and thick edges toward the outside. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. Microwave on high 12-15 minutes or until juices run clear and chicken is no long pink, rotating dish occasionally.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 365 calories, 24g fat (10g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 358mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein.
Originally published as Microwave Parmesan Chicken in Taste of Home December/January 1996
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.