Microwave Mexican Manicotti Recipe
This recipe from Nancy Ensor of Oviedo, Florida is a time-saver because you don't need to cook the pasta shells first. "It's easy to prepare and a delightful twist to Mexican cooking," she relates.
- 1/2 pound uncooked lean ground beef
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 uncooked manicotti shells
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 cup taco or picante sauce
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. In a bowl, combine the beef, beans, oregano and cumin; mix well. Stuff into manicotti shells; place in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. microwave-safe dish. Combine water and taco sauce; pour over shells. Loosely cover dish; microwave on high for 5 minutes. Turn shells with tongs. Microwave 5 minutes longer; turn shells again.
- 2. Cover and cook at 50% power for 17-19 minutes or until pasta is tender and meat juices run clear, turning dish a half turn once.
- 3. Spoon sour cream lengthwise down center; sprinkle with onions, olives and cheese. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 482 calories, 22g fat (12g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 766mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 6g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Microwave Mexican Manicotti
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC