Microwave Mexican Manicotti
This recipe from Nancy Ensor of Oviedo, Florida is a time-saver because you don't need to cook the pasta shells first. "It's easy to prepare and a delightful twist to Mexican cooking," she relates.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound uncooked lean ground beef
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 uncooked manicotti shells
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 cup taco or picante sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, beans, oregano and cumin. Stuff into manicotti shells; place in an ungreased 11x7-in. microwave-safe dish.
- In a small bowl, combine water and taco sauce; pour over shells. Loosely cover dish; microwave on high for 3-4 minutes. Turn shells with tongs. Microwave 3-4 minutes longer; turn shells again.
- Cover and cook at 50% power for 12-15 minutes or until pasta is tender and meat is no longer pink, turning dish a half turn once.
- Spoon sour cream lengthwise down center; sprinkle with onions, olives and cheese. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.