Microwave Meatballs and Rice Recipe
On blustery spring days in Corfu, New York, Loni Fancher can rely on her mother’s microwave meatball dish to warm up family and friends in no time. LONI’S TIP: “When it’s available, I like to substitute ground venison for the ground beef in this recipe. Tasty!”
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk the egg, chili powder, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Stir in the tomatoes, rice, onion and green pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 5-7 minutes or until rice and vegetables are tender. Yield: 3-4 servings.
3 ounce-weight: 339 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 879mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Microwave Meatballs and Rice
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC