Microwave Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons old-fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt, dried marjoram and dried thyme
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add seasonings; mix well. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Pat into a 9x5-in. microwave-safe dish. Combine the soy sauce and honey; spread over loaf. Cover and microwave on high for 18-1/2 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°, turning dish a quarter turn every 10 minutes; drain. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Editor's Note: You can easily vary the flavor of Microwave Meat Loaf by replacing the oats with cornmeal or wheat bran. Or if you want to add a little more zing, use chili sauce in place of the ketchup and mustard instead of soy sauce.
1 each: 228 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 447mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.