- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups hot water
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes; stir. Cover and cook at 50% power for 3 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil.
- Combine flour and milk until smooth; gradually stir into macaroni mixture. Add cheese. Cover and cook on high for 6-8 minutes or until the macaroni is tender and sauce is bubbly, stirring every 3 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Microwave Mac 'n' Cheese
Sort By :
"My family and I just love this recipe, and I already have made it several times. For those of you that have taken it to gatherings, do you make it advance or what? I would appreciate your advice :)"
"The fat content was too high for me so I cut out the butter, changed the milk to skim and used low fat velveeta. OMG it was awesome. Brought the fat down to around 6 gm per serving. Definately in the acceptable range for me!"
"The BEST and easiest mac n cheese ever! I have had so many requests for this recipe when I take it to gatherings that I now automatically pack the recipe so others can copy it."