- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- In a microwave-safe dish, microwave beef on high for 3 minutes; stir. Cook 2 minutes longer or until no longer pink; drain well. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, basil and garlic powder; cover and microwave for 2 minutes or until heated through. Set aside. In a bowl, combine the cottage cheese, parsley, egg and pepper.
- Spread 1/2 cup meat sauce in a greased microwave-safe 11x7-in. dish. Layer with three noodles, half the cottage cheese mixture, half the remaining meat sauce and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Layer remaining noodles, cottage cheese mixture and meat sauce. Pour water along edges of casserole on short sides of dish.
- Cover with plastic wrap; microwave on high for 20 minutes or until noodles are tender, rotating dish after 10 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and heat for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forMicrowave Lasagna
"This lasagna recipe works like magic! My mother has been making this since the 1980s when this recipe originally appeared in Southern Living magazine. We always chose to cook the ground beef on the stove top first. Take a tip from my mother- She always made two at a time. One for immediate use and one unbaked placed in the freezer. She would simply pull it out the day before she wanted to use it. As a volunteer food editor for Taste of Home I love seeing the classic recipes!"
"This came out beautifully. Tasty and better texture than most traditional oven lasagna recipes."