Microwave Fruit Crisp
This simple dessert has lots of fruit and a golden oat topping. I typically use apples, but pears also work nicely.—Luella Bogner, Attica, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 medium pear or apple, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- Place fruit in a small microwave-safe bowl. In another bowl, combine the dry ingredients; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-1/2 minutes or until fruit is tender.
Editor's Note: It can also be baked at 375° for 25-30 minutes.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 370 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 127mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein.
Mar 2, 2018
I used a Gala apple for this, perhaps not the best choice. Results seem dry.
Jul 3, 2012
What a great way to use up small portions of fruit! Make individual bowls using different kinds of fruit not just the peaches!