Microwave Cornbread Casserole
I always seem to be short on time, so this quick-and-easy supper is just perfect for me. You can find the ingredients in my kitchen any day of the week!—Cynthia Rodgers, Brewton, Alabama
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + chilling Cook: 20 min.
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 package (6 ounces) cornbread stuffing mix
- 3 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a greased 11x7-in. microwave-safe dish, combine vegetables, ham and stuffing mix; mix well. In a bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over cornbread mixture. cover and refrigerate for at least 5 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking. Cover and microwave on high for 14-18 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 358 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 156mg cholesterol, 1170mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as Microwave Corn Bread Casserole in Casserole Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.