- 2 cups water
- 2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) cream-style corn
- Place water in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish; cover and heat until boiling. Add potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, salt and pepper. Cook, uncovered, on high for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender; set aside (do not drain).
- Meanwhile, in a 3-qt. dish, microwave butter on high for 50-60 seconds or until melted. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Cook, uncovered, on high for 6-7 minutes or until thickened, stirring every 2 minutes. Add the cheese. Heat for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Stir in the corn and reserved vegetables. Cook on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews forMicrowave Corn Chowder
"I have been making this recipe for years. Not only is it good it is economical to make. This is one of my 9 year olds favorite things to eat!"
"This is excellent. I often make it for church functions."