Michigan Cherry Drops
I usually double this recipe so that I have plenty to share during the holidays. Pretty pink cookies such as these are a wonderful treat.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min./batch
Makesabout 14 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 3 cups chopped maraschino cherries
- 2-2/3 cups raisins
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Transfer to a large bowl if necessary. Stir in walnuts, cherries and raisins.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 16-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 117 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 59mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Michigan Cherry Drops in Best of Country Cookies
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.