- 1 pound fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 3 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- In a saucepan, cook sausage and onion in boiling water for 2 minutes; drain. In a bowl, combine the ketchup, sugars, vinegar, molasses and mustard. Stir in beans and sausage mixture. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until bean mixture reaches desired thickness. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Reviews forMichigan Beans and Sausage Casserole
"This was very good. The only thing I would change is cutting down the brown sugar to 1/2 cup and the sugar to 1/4 cup. It was a bit too sweet."
"Great flavor !"
"I used the smoked turkey sausage and cut it down for four."
"This recipe would have been ok if the beans would have remained intact. They just turned to mush. It was still ok but I won't make it again."