Michigan Beans and Sausage Casserole
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or smoked Polish sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 3 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage and onion in boiling water for 2 minutes; drain. In a large bowl, combine the ketchup, sugars, vinegar, molasses and mustard. Stir in beans and sausage mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until bean mixture reaches desired thickness.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 200 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 573mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 2, 2011
This was very good. The only thing I would change is cutting down the brown sugar to 1/2 cup and the sugar to 1/4 cup. It was a bit too sweet.
May 21, 2010
Great flavor !
Feb 1, 2010
I used the smoked turkey sausage and cut it down for four.
Sep 11, 2008
This recipe would have been ok if the beans would have remained intact. They just turned to mush. It was still ok but I won't make it again.