Mice can be nice—at least when they're as charming as these critters! Marilyn Dunlap of Fresno, California details that "kids" of all ages enjoy seeing—and eating—her creature treats. "They're usually the first dessert to disappear," she reports.—Marilyn Dunlap, Fresno, California
Total TimePrep Time: 15 min.
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 package (6 count) individual graham cracker tart shells
- 12 chocolate-covered mint cookies
- 6 pieces black shoestring licorice (3 inches each)
- 18 brown M&M's
- 2 teaspoons chocolate sprinkles
- Place one round scoop of ice cream in each crust. Into each ice cream scoop, tuck two cookies for ears and a licorice piece for tail. Press M&M's in place for eyes and nose. Place chocolate sprinkles around nose for whiskers.
Originally published as Mice Creams in Crafting Traditions September/October 1995
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.