- 4 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup butter, divided
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring milk and 1/2 cup butter to a boil. Slowly stir in grits. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 5-7 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs. Stir a small amount of hot grits into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Melt remaining butter; stir into grits. Add the corn, chilies, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forMexicorn Grits
"This was quite delicious! I originally made it as a side to green chile pulled-pork sandwiches. It was so good I wound up just eating it alone as leftovers! I cut the recipe in half but otherwise made it exactly as written. I'd definitely make this again."
"This was my first experience with both eating and making grits. They were very good and reminded me of polenta...but better. I will definitely be trying other grits recipes."
"This recipe is such a crowd pleaser!!!"
"This was so yummy! I did not add the extra 2/3 C butter (my nutritionist side wouldn't let me!) but everything else about it was fabulous. The whole family liked it."
"This is so delicious, comforting and creamy. My family loves it!"