Mexican Turkey Hash Brown Bake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Reduced-fat sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the turkey, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add the hash browns, enchilada sauce, tomato sauce, chilies and taco seasoning; heat through.
- Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake, uncovered, 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 330 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 799mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 17, 2012
I loved this and my husband and son loved it. It was a bit much on the potatoes for me but not for my son and husband. Great weeknight dinner!
Jan 15, 2012
Very tasty!!! A little spicy, but not overboard.
Jan 13, 2012
I made this for dinner last night. I <3 mexican food!!! This dish is way too spicy. I can't get my kids to eat it at all, and we eat a lot of things with quite a kick! With that said, I made a special lunch today. I scrambled an egg with some milk, then I added some of this hash brown bake from last night, with 1/2 a piece of american fat free cheese, mixed till it was melted and served it as a sandwich......It was SOOOOOOOOOOOO good. That was excellent, so I will make this again, but not for my kids. It was good eaten like this. It also seems to be way LESS spicy the next day as left overs. Thumbs up !!!!!!!!!! Try my variation next time you make this, you will LOVE it !!!!!!!!!
Oct 29, 2011
I really liked this recipe! It was great. You could also use turkey sausage and serve it for breakfast or brunch.
Oct 25, 2011
This was delicious! Makes more like 8 servings or 6 HUGE servings! Great flavor, reheated well and you could easily make a double batch and freeze it! This will become a winter staple!
Oct 10, 2011
This was a very delicious and filling dish. I used hot enchilada sauce, which gave the food an extra kick. Would highly recommend!
Sep 26, 2011
Two thumbs up! A really hearty, tasty recipe. Thank you! (and I agree, with an egg for breakfast? Yum!)
Sep 26, 2011
This recipe was great! My entire family enjoyed it...and it made great leftovers. The next time that I make it I will probably tweek only one thing: I'll add a little extra ground turkey.
Sep 25, 2011
This recipe was easy to make and it tastes great! My husband asked for it with scrambled eggs, wrapped in a tortilla shell. It's the perfect dinner or breakfast!