Mexican Taters and Beans
I made up this recipe and tired it out at one of the potlucks held at our church. Everyone loved it! It's grand for a group.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 6 cups sliced cooked peeled potatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups salsa
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) chili with beans
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- Place potatoes in the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with onion. Mix salsa and butter; pour over onion and potatoes. Top with sliced cheeses; spread with chili. Sprinkle shredded cheeses over top.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes. Sprinkle with chips just before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 326 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 659mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as Mexican Taters and Beans in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.