VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 cups sliced cooked peeled potatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups salsa
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) chili with beans
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- Place potatoes in the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with onion. Mix salsa and butter; pour over onion and potatoes. Top with sliced cheeses; spread with chili. Sprinkle shredded cheeses over top.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes. Sprinkle with chips just before serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Taters and Beans in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p41
Reviews forMexican Taters and Beans
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 5, 2010
"I've been making this for years for potlucks and it's always a big hit."