- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato puree
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 package (12 ounces) spaghetti, cooked and drained
- In a Dutch oven, brown beef, onions, green pepper and garlic; drain. Add the next 10 ingredients and mix well. Cover and simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Serve over spaghetti. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forMexican-Style Spaghetti
"This is basically chili served on spaghetti. we liked it but substituted cilantro for parsley."
"This sounded a lot better than it tasted. I don't plan to serve it again. To many really good recipes out there."