Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 2 pounds ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato puree
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 package (12 ounces) spaghetti, cooked and drained
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onions and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Add the next 10 ingredients. Cover and simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Serve with spaghetti.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 379 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 699mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 22, 2010
This is basically chili served on spaghetti. we liked it but substituted cilantro for parsley.
Oct 13, 2009
This sounded a lot better than it tasted. I don't plan to serve it again. To many really good recipes out there.