- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In an ovenproof skillet, brown pork chops in oil on each side; remove an keep warm. In the same skillet, saute onion until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Place chops over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forMexican-Style Pork Chops
"It was okay, I probably wouldn't make this again though. My family didn't really care for it but maybe yours will...."