Mexican Spoon Bread
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sour cream and milk until smooth. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Pour into a 2-qt. round baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 329 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 150mg cholesterol, 653mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein.
Jan 21, 2016
I made this along with Lonestar Pot Roast (also a taste of home recipe) they went well together.Yum. :o)
Dec 23, 2009
This was absolutely the worst recipe I've made from this magazine, I'm tempted to ask for a subscription refund just for the trouble of making it. It was very dry and bland. I am wondering if it needed sugar. We took three bits and threw out the rest of the pan.