- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 package (7 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, tomato sauce and taco seasoning; bring to a boil.
- 2. Break spaghetti into thirds; stir into sauce. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until spaghetti is tender and sauce is desired consistency Sprinkle with cheese.
1 each: 340 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 874mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.
Mar 23, 2015
I used half chicken and half pork instead of beef. I also used the recipe for Taco Seasoning on recipes.sparkpeople.com instead of a purchased seasoning mix. I was pleasantly surprised how good it tastes.
We will enjoy the leftovers that I will freeze in individual servings for quick meals later.
Dec 31, 1969
Easy and quick with great taste. Its a keeper!
Jan 19, 2013
This is a one-pot wonder...quick and easy and absolutely delicious. I add a dollop (or two!) of sour cream on the side. One caution: if you're like me and don't religiously measure ingredients...go easy on the pasta. Too much dilutes the zesty flavor of the sauce, so I always wait until the spaghetti's softened up a bit to see how much is in there.
Sep 1, 2011
I have made this receipe several times a year for quite some time. It's a nice and unexpected change from regular spaghetti