Mexican Skillet Supper
A co-worker gave me this recipe. I added a few things for extra zip, and it always turns out well.—Kathy Willis, Pryor, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (8.6 ounces) beef taco pasta dinner mix
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3-2/3 cups hot water
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef, celery, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain.
- Set aside topping packet from the dinner mix for another use. Stir the contents of dinner mix seasoning packet, chili powder and water into beef mixture. Bring to a boil. Stir in noodles from dinner mix. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Stir in the cheese, tomatoes and olives; heat through. Serve with sour cream if desired.
Editor's Note:This recipe was tested with Hamburger Helper dinner mix.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 253 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 464mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as Mexican Skillet Supper in Casserole Cookbook
May 12, 2019
I rarely buy hamburger helper but i had a box in my pantry , so I tried this recipe out for a potluck dinner. It had great flavor, the real cheese really perked up this boxed mix!