- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 flour or whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- Optional toppings: torn romaine, chopped tomatoes, sliced avocado and sour cream
- Place onion, jalapeno and garlic in a 4-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper; place over vegetables. In a small bowl, mix tomato sauce, lime juice, chili powder, cumin and cayenne; pour over roast.
- Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Remove roast; cool slightly. Shred meat with two forks; return to slow cooker. Serve beef on tortillas with toppings of your choice. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forMexican Shredded Beef Wraps
"This sounds really good! UT here in Texas we call'um "burritos "??"
"Excellent! Try making it in a pressure cooker -- 35 to 40 minutes at pressure, natural cool-down pressure release."
"I love shredded Mexican roast. This recipe was so flavorful and moist. I will definitely make again. I love slow cooker meals. My family approved!"
"This sounds really good! I will review it after I try it. Can't wait!"