Mexican Sausage Crostini
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 30 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Minced fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400°. Arrange bread slices on an ungreased baking sheets; bake until lightly toasted, 6-8 minutes.
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon; pour off drippings.
- Whisk together eggs, salt and pepper; stir in green onions. In same pan, cook and stir egg mixture just until thickened and no liquid egg remains; stir in sausage.
- Spoon salsa over toasts. Top with sausage mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes. Top with sour cream and cilantro.
Nutrition FactsNutrition Facts: 1 appetizer equals 96 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 192 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 22, 2014
Followed recipe - Quick, easy and they were crowd favorite for sure. Messy as you assemble them so assemble on wax paper and then put on tray to melt the cheese. Pack the cheese together slightly and press into the egg/sausage mix seemed to hold them together a little better. These are excellent.
Apr 26, 2010
My husband really liked this. It kind of reminded me of a breakfast burrito.