- 30 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Minced fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400°. Arrange bread slices on an ungreased baking sheets; bake until lightly toasted, 6-8 minutes.
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon; pour off drippings.
- Whisk together eggs, salt and pepper; stir in green onions. In same pan, cook and stir egg mixture just until thickened and no liquid egg remains; stir in sausage.
- Spoon salsa over toasts. Top with sausage mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes. Top with sour cream and cilantro. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forMexican Sausage Crostini
"My husband really liked this. It kind of reminded me of a breakfast burrito."