- 8 medium red potatoes
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 jar (12 ounces) pickled jalapeno pepper slices, drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 6 to 8 green onions, chopped
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or just until tender. Drain; cool slightly.
- Cut potatoes into 1/4-in.-thick slices. Place in a single layer in three greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Top each with salad dressing mix, a jalapeno slice, cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with sour cream and green onions. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forMexican Potatoes
"Do you just prepare ranch dressing as per package directions or just sprinkle the powder on the potato?"
"these are ALWAYS a hit at parties I take them to!"