Mexican Pork Tenderloins Recipe
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon each onion powder, garlic powder, dried oregano and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 pork tenderloin (1 pound each)
- BLACK BEAN SALSA:
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Combine the seasonings. Rub oil and seasoning mixture over the meat; let stand for 10 minutes.
- 2. Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Grill meat, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Remove from the grill. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- 3. For salsa, in a bowl, combine the beans, tomatoes, corn, onion and pepper. Whisk together the oil, cilantro, lime juice, cumin, salt and pepper. Drizzle over the bean mixture; toss to coat. Serve with tenderloin. Yield: 8 servings.
3 ounce-weight: 257 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 550mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Mexican Pork Tenderloins
"This recipe is great and the salsa is wonderful."