- 1 flour tortillas (8 inches), coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 large ripe avocado, chopped
- 3/4 cup sour cream, divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh or canned green chiles
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- In an 8-in. skillet, saute tortilla in butter until softened, about 2 minutes. Meanwhile, beat eggs, water and salt in a bowl. Pour over tortilla in skillet; cook over medium heat. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portions flow underneath. When eggs are set, remove from the heat. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup cheese. Combine avocado, 1/2 cup sour cream, chiles and lemon juice; spread over half of the omelet. Fold omelet in half and transfer to a warm platter. Top with tomato and remaining cheese and sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forMexican Omelet
"This is our favorite omelet ever! The creamy avacado mixture makes it so good."