Mexican Mocha Mix Recipe
This mix of coffee and cocoa is a wonderful alternative to traditional hot chocolate. —Maria Regakis, Somerville, Massachusetts
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/3 cup instant coffee granules
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each serving):
- 1 cup hot fat-free milk
- 1 cinnamon stick, optional
- 1. In a blender, combine the first seven ingredients; cover and process until mixture forms a powder. Store in an airtight container.
- 2. To prepare mocha drink: In a mug, stir 3 tablespoons mix with 1 cup hot milk until blended. Garnish with a cinnamon stick if desired. Yield: about 2-1/4 cups mix. 1 serving.
3 tablespoons: 207 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 172mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Mexican Mocha Mix
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC