- 4 cups cooked shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable soup mix
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 pounds ground beef
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, salsa, egg, soup mix, taco seasoning and 1 cup cheese. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a 12-in. loaf. Place in a 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until a thermometer reads 160°. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forMexican Meatloaf
"easy and tasty!"
"I thought this was pretty good, but my husband didn't care for it. So that's why I won't be making it again."