Mexican Meat Loaf Roll Recipe
If you've never made a "filled" meat loaf before, try this one first. It has a unique taste that folks of all ages take to—and when you serve it already sliced on a platter, it's really pretty, too!—Vonnie White, Rapid City, South Dakota
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking or rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1. In a large bowl, combine eggs, oats, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Add ground beef and mix well. On a piece of waxed paper, pat meat mixture to an 18x9-in. rectangle. Combine cream cheese and chilies; spread over meat to within 1 in. of outer edges. Roll meat mixture, jelly-roll style, starting at narrow end. Place seam side down in a 13x9-in. baking dish.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes. Drain excess fat. Top with salsa and bake another 10-15 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 269 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 136mg cholesterol, 319mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for Mexican Meat Loaf Roll
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC