Mexican Meat Loaf Roll
If you've never made a "filled" meat loaf before, try this one first. It has a unique taste that folks of all ages take to—and when you serve it already sliced on a platter, it's really pretty, too!—Vonnie White, Rapid City, South Dakota
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking or rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 3/4 cup salsa
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, oats, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Add ground beef and mix well. On a piece of waxed paper, pat meat mixture to an 18x9-in. rectangle. Combine cream cheese and chilies; spread over meat to within 1 in. of outer edges. Roll meat mixture, jelly-roll style, starting at narrow end. Place seam side down in a 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes. Drain excess fat. Top with salsa and bake another 10-15 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 269 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 136mg cholesterol, 319mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as Mexican Meat Loaf Roll in Country Ground Beef
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.