- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 12 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, stir in avocado. Place 1/2 cup chicken mixture on each lettuce leaf; top each with 2 teaspoons sour cream. Fold lettuce over filling. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forMexican Lettuce Wraps
"great new take on traditional mexican food! I added a little bit of fresh corn and some cheese and NO left-overs..."
"Tasty...difficulty finding lettuce to hold it together."
"easy to make and yummy!"
"Everyone I make this for loves it. It's easy to change up to your preferences and it's full of flavor."
"My husband and I really enjoy this recipe. It makes for a light and satisfying lunch. It's even easier to make with canned tomatoes and peppers and leftover chicken."
"These were great! Made a few changes...because we like our food spicy, used 2 T. chopped jalapenos in place of the milder green chilies. Omitted the red pepper because we don't care for it. And added 3 T. chopped cilantro and an extra avocado. Didn't find Bibb or Boston lettuce at the store this week, but used iceberg with good results."