Mexican Grilled Salmon
Lime juice adds a little spark to a pesto-like mixture that coats salmon fillets. I prepare this recipe all year long.—Rosalind Pope, Greensboro, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, halved and seeded
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- Salsa and lime slices, optional
- Place the first five ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. Add the lime juice, sugar, tomato sauce and lime zest; cover and process until blended.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Add the salmon; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. Lightly oil the grill rack. Place salmon skin side down; grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-14 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with salsa and lime slices if desired.