Mexican Grilled Cheese Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 slices rye bread
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 cup fresh salsa, well drained
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1. In a small skillet, saute peppers in oil until tender. Spread four bread slices with mayonnaise. Layer with peppers, salsa and cheese. Top with remaining bread. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- 2. In a small skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 2-4 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich: 402 calories, 22g fat (10g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 892mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Mexican Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
"Pretty good. It has a nice little spice. I used wheat bread instead of rye. I wish I had stuck more with the recipe!"
"A nice twist on a grilled cheese, adds that extra zip, very yummy!!"
"It was a very good change from regular sandwiches. The rye bread gave it an extra nice flavor."