Mexican Green Salad
“I was experimenting with Mexican-type dressings when I came up with this recipe,” recalls Betty Palmer from Paradise, California. “You can add chili beans or refried beans to make this salad more filling.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 3 cups torn romaine
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup cubed avocado
- 1/4 cup crushed tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream, salsa, taco seasoning, vinegar, cilantro and onion. Add romaine and toss to coat. Divide between two salad plates. Top with tomato, cheese, avocado and tortilla chips.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 207 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 503mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Spicy Mexican Salad in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.