Mexican Garden Salad Recipe
I'm always watching for delicious new recipes to try, and when I found this salad, I knew it would taste as good as it looks. Although similar to a traditional taco salad, this recipe adds tasty extras like broccoli and carrot. It's stunning on the table. -Dianne Esposite, New Middletown, Ohio
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar (16 ounces) thick and chunky salsa, divided
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1-1/2 heads iceberg lettuce, torn
- 3 cups broccoli florets (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Tortilla chips, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add 1 cup salsa, water and taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes; cool.
- 2. In a 3- or 4-qt. glass bowl, layer vegetables in order given. Top with chilies, beef mixture and cheese. Combine sour cream and remaining salsa; serve with salad and tortilla chips if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 241 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 838mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Mexican Garden Salad
Reviewed Feb. 6, 2017
"Good one very tastey"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC