- 2-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope chili seasoning
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) corn chips
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- In a Dutch oven or large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add beans, tomato sauce and chili seasoning; simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. On two serving platters with sides, layer the corn chips, rice, onions, meat mixture, cheese, lettuce tomato and olives. Sprinkle with hot sauce if desired. Yield: 20-24 servings.
Reviews forMexican Fiesta Platter
"I haven't made this yet. I was wondering how you eat this? Wouldn't tostado chips be better for scooping versus corn chips. Just wondering. I'm making for Cinco de Mayo."
"Took it to a party and it was devoured quickly! This one is a keeper!"
"We make something very similar for a meal. We call it Mexican Fiesta also but we put the 'chili' and rice in our individual bowls and add what ever fixings we want to our bowls. My whole family loves it. And there are 10 of us! :)"
"We love all kinds of mexican food and this is a favorite. It's so fast to make too and easy to take with you places."