- 2-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope chili seasoning
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) corn chips
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups chopped ripe olives
- Hot pepper sauce, optional
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, tomato sauce and chili seasoning; simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- On two serving platters with sides, layer the corn chips, rice, onions, meat mixture, cheese, lettuce, tomato and olives. Sprinkle with hot sauce if desired. Yield: 20-24 servings.
Reviews forMexican Fiesta Platter
"I haven't made this yet. I was wondering how you eat this? Wouldn't tostado chips be better for scooping versus corn chips. Just wondering. I'm making for Cinco de Mayo."
"Took it to a party and it was devoured quickly! This one is a keeper!"
"We make something very similar for a meal. We call it Mexican Fiesta also but we put the 'chili' and rice in our individual bowls and add what ever fixings we want to our bowls. My whole family loves it. And there are 10 of us! :)"
"We love all kinds of mexican food and this is a favorite. It's so fast to make too and easy to take with you places."