Mexican Drop Biscuits Recipe
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the biscuit mix, cheese and chilies. Stir in water just until moistened. Drop into 12 mounds 2 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the butter, parsley, garlic powder, oregano, thyme and cayenne pepper; brush over biscuits. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 140 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 379mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Mexican Drop Biscuits
"Excellent! These were like a spicy version of the biscuits from Red Lobster. I will definitely be making these again!"