Mexican Drop Biscuits
“We love these golden biscuits with big bowls of soup,” Teresa Spencer notes from Wauwatosa, Wisconsin. “The green chilies and taco cheese add extra zip to everyday meals.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the biscuit mix, cheese and chilies. Stir in water just until moistened. Drop into 12 mounds 2 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, parsley, garlic powder, oregano, thyme and cayenne pepper; brush over biscuits. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 140 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 379mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.